The Al-Maktoum Institute seeks to promote its innovative and unique postgraduate programmes in the study of Islam and Muslims. The Institute is offering Partial Scholarships for eligible international and home/EU students registering on the taught/research programmes at the Al-Maktoum Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies. Current students in the taught programme at the Al-Maktoum Institute may be eligible to apply for the Partial Scholarships, if they wish to continue their study to PhD level.
Partial Scholarship Criteria
- For the application to be considered, the applicant must have received an unconditional offer of acceptance from the University of Aberdeen to study at the Al-Maktoum Institute.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they are able to pay the remainder of their own study fees and living expenses.
- This partial scholarship will be offered for those students beginning on their programme in September or February each year, and will last for the duration of their programme of study.
- Applicants for the taught programmes must be applying to study on full time basis and are residents in Dundee during the period of their study.
- Up to £4000 per year against fees will be awarded to all eligible full time international candidates and up to £1500 per year against fees will be awarded to all eligible full time home/EU candidates for each year of the programme.
How to Apply
To apply please complete the partial scholarship application form and you are encouraged to apply early. The closing date for receipt of completed scholarship application forms is by mid-August every year.
All scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit. Further information about scholarships/Bursaries can be obtained from:
The Secretary, Scholarships Committee
124 Blackness Road
Dundee DD1 5PE
Tel: +44 1382 908070
Fax: +44 1382 908077